Reminder that hunting and fishing licenses will expire February 28th. You can purchase your new license here:
A couple of important notes:
1. Migratory bird hunters must have a migratory bird permit or a waterfowl permit in addition to the hunting license.
2. Sportsman License - Includes Combination Hunting and Fishing License, Resident Deer Permit, Spring Turkey Permit, Resident Fall Turkey Permit, State Waterfowl Permit and Trout Permit
3. Jr. Sportsman License – Includes Jr. Hunting, Jr. Deer and Jr. Turkey permits. Available to residents and nonresidents who have not yet reached their 16th birthday. Valid for the entire year in which issued, even if the license holder turns 16 during that year. Parent or guardian must sign the license at the time of purchase. Children under the age of 12 are license exempt (effective with the 2008 license season)
4. Joint Fishing (husband-wife)** - Available only to Kentucky residents. Costs 10% less than two fishing licenses bought separately.
5. Waterfowl Permit - Required to hunt ducks, coots, mergansers, and geese. Also covers migratory game birds. Required of hunters over age 16. NOTE: Waterfowl hunters must also possess a federal duck stamp, available at Post Offices. May be used in conjunction with a one or five-day nonresident or a one day resident hunting license.
6. Migratory Game Bird Permit - Required to hunt doves, woodcocks, snipes, rails and gallinules. May be used in conjunction with a one or five-day nonresident or a one day resident hunting license.
7. Elk Lottery Permit - Persons who wish to hunt in the 2009 Elk Quota Hunt shall purchase an elk draw permit. The department shall select hunters by a random drawing of all valid elk draw permit holders. Hunters must comply with all applicable laws and regulations. A person cannot apply more than one time per application period. The permit will be sold until 4/30/2009.
8. Resident Out-of-Zone Elk Permit – Entitles hunters who wish to hunt Elk out of the elk restoration zone during deer season to take one elk. Hunter must be a legal deer hunter.
NOTE: Items above marked with an ** may NOT be purchased by phone or on-line, but may only be purchased through a license agent