Monday, January 17, 2011

My Hunting Year In Review


Well, the 2010 hunting seasons officially came to an end tonight. It's been a pretty good year although it could've been a whole lot better.

Ethan killed a big gobbler in the spring. I worked a ton of birds and never got a good shot.

In July, I went to the Daytona Beach area and bass fished one of the premier bass spots in the US catching absolutely ZERO. Mostly because....I am the worst fisherman on the planet. Also, in July the QDM convention was in Louisville and it was interesting and a lot of fun. I videoed two bucks during the month that I thought would both score near B&C and decided then to only hunt those bucks.

September and October were probably the two worst deer hunting months I've ever experienced. November however, was pretty crazy. Ethan scored on a nice 8 pointer hunting with my dad. Late in the month, I figured out why I haven't seen my two big bucks, fining them locked together dead about 100 yards from the stand. I hunted quite a bit late with some close incounters with some nice bucks but no success.

2011 starts with some coyote hunting in the next month and then on to Turkey 2011 and fingers crossed for an elk draw. Here's hoping for a productive and fun 2011 hunting season for everyone in the Bluegrass.

1 comment:

Colorado Hunting said...

It sure does sound like you had a good year! Thats the problem with hunting, there could always be more and you can never get enough. Keep fishing you'll catch on!