Sunday, August 22, 2010

Eastern Kentucky Elk



I'm in Eastern Kentucky inside Knott and Floyd county watching some elk this weekend with my lovely wife. Knott County is the self proclaimed Elk Capital of the East. We've seen a lot of cows so far. Knott County's tourism maps all show "elk viewing stations". I'm not sure what that might be, but the locations on the map must have disappeared from the face of the earth because they aren't marked by signs and no one in the community knows where they are. I was unsure if I was even supposed to be in some of the areas period. Inside Breathitt, there were clearly marked signs. The Elk Expo is next weekend (August 28/29) in Knott County. It's a great area. I'd just like to see signage be more visible if they're going to call themselves the Elk Capital of the East.

No comments: