Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Kentucky's Bow Season.....the first few days

I've been out twice so far since bow season started in Kentucky on Saturday. Still seeing most bucks in velvet. I got to my stand on Sunday and realized that my set up wasn't comfortable when I got up. I ended up sitting in a fixed ladder stand and saw 1 nice buck in a bean field but he stayed safely out in the middle. I got home today from work and couldn't resist the drop in temp so I decided to head out. I sat in a box stand on a clover field. I saw 3 big 8 pointers in about 30 total deer. Had one big 140+ class 8 at 25 yards but it was very dark to take a good shot. Exciting stuff to open the season. I know we have a lot bigger deer that I've seen in the past 3 weeks. Should be an intersting season.

How has your first few days been? Good luck.

No comments: